Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Flat

So not everyone who is reading is necessarily a Facebook friend. That's not a problem, but some of you may not have seen pictures of the flat yet. Plus, I can go into greater detail than just a few simple pictures can.


I absolutely love the flat. The agent helping find the location did a good job finding this one. It's slightly smaller than my apartment back home was; and probably almost twice the cost. But with that cost, it's mostly furnished, has 2 bathrooms, and is in a great location to Reading Town Centre. The grocery store is literally right next door. I've got about a .6 mile walk to the train station so it's a quick walk. And at most, I'm a mile from the shopping centres and pubs. So everything I could need is in walking distance.


I'm still trying to get everything into a place. It's a bit tough to pack up what I considered essential from my apartment to bring with me and then deciding where to put it. I've got a coworker moving in in a few days when he arrives, so I can't take over the entire space!


No we don't have a lake outside. That's actually a park, that holds a beer festival every May. With all the rain the UK has experienced this winter, flooding has been the norm. This "lake" has actually been moving pretty fast in terms of water speed, but recently, the water level has receded. I can actually see ground and a walkway!

Anyways, this was meant to be a quick update on the flat. I plan to get another post finished tonight about my first trip into London. Stay tuned everybody!


1 comment:

  1. MAY?! We've already bought the tickets for April! I can't change them! Dangit!

    ReplyDelete